IMPROVING LIVES THROUGH PHYSICAL CULTURE.
The Black Lives Matter movement has acted as a powerful catalyst within our organization. After many real and impactful conversations amongst our employees and our greater community, we recognized that we need to begin in our backyard to support meaningful lasting change in the world as we work towards equity.
Mira and Tony Gracia, co-founders of Industrial Strength, have made the following commitments to stand up and fund Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action within the gym community. These ensure we engaged and act in allyship in our commitment. This is just the start.
Increase funding, accelerate actions, and create accountability for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action.
- Create the Industrial Strength Diversity & Inclusion Grant for our collective gym community. We will be awarding (5) twelve month tuition fee waivers for people who can show financial need, a desire to commit to strength training / Jiu Jitsu, and a commitment to furthering diversity & inclusion in their local community. To request an application please email email@example.com
Create an ongoing dialogue within our Industrial Strength community. Also expand our learning, and development to support Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
- Establish a community coordinator position who will bring diverse knowledge and skills to inform our actions and collectively drive meaningful change.
- Create a free lending library of anti-racism books to further educate our employees and community members.
Use our Industrial Strength brand and our voice for diversity and inclusion.
We pledge to support funds and volunteer hours to Self Enhancement Inc. About Self Enhancement, Inc. For over 39 years, Self Enhancement, Inc. (SEI) has been a change agent in the City of Portland, striving to meet the complex needs of youth and their families by helping them to overcome cultural, educational and economic barriers. SEI is the second largest minority-owned organization in the state of Oregon and serves over 16,000 youth and families annually. SEI’s mission is to guide underserved youth to realize their full potential. SEI works with schools, families, and partner community organizations to provide support, guidance, and opportunities to achieve personal and academic success. SEI brings hope to individual young people and enhances the quality of community life.
- Host no fee / donation only based virtual kettlebell, mobility and calisthenic classes. All proceeds will go to SEI Inc.
- Leverage our platforms to communicate with our community, amplifying diverse voices and galvanizing our community to act.
We often say STRENGTH HAS A GREATER PURPOSE and we owe it to future generations to leverage our skills and make this world a better place.
Mira & Tony Gracia and the Industrial Strength crew.